Saturday, June 22, 2013

Proposed New US embassy in London

I discovered something new about Google.  When I right click on a picture and "copy" and paste it into this blog.  It just loads the URL for the image into this blog.  In contrast, when I upload a picture from my computer, the image itself is loaded into this blog.  The following pictures are originally very large.  I originally copied them into this blog.  When I went to the blog, it would take forever to load the page because of the size of the files.  The same thing happens when I embed a YouTube video into this blog.  So, I saved the following pictures on my computer, and uploaded them.  No problem.  Blogspot.com converted them into small files that are easily loaded, and saved them to their own server.

The real problem that I have is that I thought I had saved some really nice pictures (e.g., some of the sculptures), and now I find that they will disappear from this blog if they are ever deleted from their original site.  Well, you learn from your mistakes. (I made this discovery when I was looking at the HTML of this post.)

No comments:

Post a Comment